IN HONOR OF IT BEING LABOR DAY WEEKEND, here is a link to a report dealing with just what I'm talking about.
It's summary is given here.
WASHINGTON, D.C., August 3, 2022 – Today Alliance for Justice announced the release of a new special report entitled Economic Justice, Judges, and the Law, a first-of-its-kind analysis detailing the severe under-representation of lawyers with backgrounds in labor and economic justice fields among active federal circuit court judges. The report finds that, among active circuit court judges, 68% are former corporate attorneys, and 28% are former prosecutors. The report also notes that judges with these legal backgrounds are far more likely to rule against workers and consumers than judges with other forms of legal expertise. By contrast, only 6% of active circuit court judges have experience in labor or economic justice fields including union-side labor law, employee-side wage and hour law, consumer protection, and civil legal aid.
Update: I just noticed that either I or auto-correct mistook the name of the Greek goddess of hunting for the snotty minor Platonist for whom the make-believe lawyer was named. I don't know which is to blame. If any of the three or so readers of the post at the time noticed, they were too polite to point that out to me. Feel free to correct me, I'd rather be embarrassed than to persist in error. No idea how auto-correct feels about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment