Saturday, April 15, 2023

Long Covid Or Tragic Allergy?

HAVING GOTTEN TIRED of the assumption that what I've been suffering from is "long Covid" I analyzed my symptoms, when they were bad and when they seemed to wane,  I believe what happened is I developed yet another allergy in my senescence.    Adding to an allergies to milk, tobacco, yeast, numerous "fragrances" the cruelest one so far is that it seems I've become allergic to the staff of life, itself, coffee.  

I'd managed to cut myself back to a pint of coffee in the morning, strictly cutting off the time to drink it to before noon.   At my worst I was startled to realize I drank a half a gallon of it every day.   Now I ran the experiment of cutting it all out for a week and most of the worst symptoms declared to be "long Covid" by the doctor disappeared.  I drank one cup after a week and the symptoms returned within an hour.  

So I'm putting up with the blinding headache, everyone in my family glad I don't live with them, though I don't usually get grouchy like our father did one Lent when he gave up coffee.   Our mother forbade him to ever try it again.  

It's better than not being able to breathe and having to take allergy meds all day.  I hope to be back soon.   I haven't looked to see maybe the allergy is related to Covid, though I'd guess it's too early to know anything so random among those who had it.  Whatever it is, I'm glad I could figure it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment