Saturday, February 5, 2022

Still Looking Not Having Much Luck Finding

 promising new audio drama.  Lots of admirable attempts and lots of stuff that's not as admirable but nothing that has struck my fancy for the last couple of weeks.

Maybe I'll hold off for a while.  I read about Jonathon Young's audio drama for The Revisor based on Gogol's The Government Inspector that was used as the text for his collaboration with the choreographer Crystal Pite which sounds fascinating but which I don't think was intended as a stand-alone audio piece.  

This conversation with Jonathon Young and Tiffany Tregarthen - the dancer who embodied and mouth-sunk the part in the audio played by Young was more interesting than any of the audio dramas I auditioned for this week, so I'll post it.

 


Direct link to the video 

Makes me wish I could attend a performance.  I don't think listening to a recording of it would work the way it was intended. 

I am still looking for something new for Saturday Night Radio Drama and am not dropping the project.  It will be back as soon as I find something to post.   Looking back to the so-called golden age, most of what was produced then was schlock, too.  You've got to find the gems in the sludge.

No comments:

Post a Comment