Friday, September 24, 2021

Hate Mail

IT IS FUNNY considering I'm totally uninterested in being kew-el and groovy and popular which one of us writes endlessly about the crap hits of the 1960s and 70s and which one of us rarely posts anything but fairly recent music.   I looked at his pop-music blog in response to his most recent comment (which I didn't post) and was amused to see how stuck in his own post-adolescence he is.  It would be sad if it wasn't so funny. 

His good buddies from Eschaton don't seem to go there much, if the comments are anything to go by.  Either that or they're all using pseudo-pseudonyms because they don't want their regular pseudonyms associated with it.   Though they might all just be his own sockpuppets, he does tend to lose track of them there have been so many. 

* When I was in college my creepy College Republican next door neighbor invited me to go out to a bar with him a few times.  I kept refusing which led him to say, "All work and no play makes Anthony a dull boy."  To which I said, "I don't care if I'm boring."   I had corrected him when he called me "Tony," before then.   

Update:  Actually, I don't prefer "Anthony" I prefer "Ant'nee,"  as I grew up hearing it.

2 comments:

  1. "* When I was in college my creepy College Republican next door neighbor invited me to go out to a bar with him a few times. I kept refusing which led him to say, "All work and no play makes Anthony a dull boy." To which I said, "I don't care if I'm boring." "

    Oh puhleeze. You were a young fogey at the the time that encounter occurred, and now you're an old fogey. There's basically no difference; you were a jerk then and you're a grizzled old jerk now.

    Incidentally, apparently you think that Kew-El is the Kryptonian name of Superman's father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted so I can point out that he's the one who thinks in terms of Superman's father's Kryptonian name.

      Why would anyone with even the vestiges of intelligence think that it would bother me that someone is accusing me of not being kew-el when I just pointed out I didn't care about being kew-el when I was in my early adulthood? Which is irrelevant in talking about Simps because he doesn't even have the vestiges of intelligence. It's good that Dick Clark is dead otherwise Simps would be getting into an old cat fight over who was the worlds oldest teenager, only he'd still be a tween.

      Delete