Friday, April 16, 2021

"Prove it" - I'm Only Doing This To Make A Turn Away From It - Hate Mail

IF YOU WANT to know how you can know if there is a God, or why else would you challenge me to "prove it", Jeremiah 22:15-16 says this to the king who was being challenged by the prophet:

Your father enjoyed a full life.   He was always just and fair,  and he prospered in everything he did.He gave the poor a fair trial,   and all went well with him.
That is what it means to know the Lord.

I think that will get you a lot farther than trying to tease out subatomic particles the existence of which will never be knowable and the likely entirely imaginary most basic level of physical existence.   I think people are rightly interested with and impressed by the method advocated by Jeremiah and rightly skeptical and uninterested in what you like better.   I think if atheist-materialist-scientists were being shot by cops or cheated of a living wage or even the comforts such creatures generally wallow in, if you needed justice you'd find what Jeremiah said would speak a lot more impressively to you than what you get paid to do or to use your too ample leisure time for. 

I should add that I rather like donkeys among the most agreeable of equine animals, and if I had one would mourn them dying than it says right after that.  More than I will Trump.  Read the link.  I think our understanding of the world develops and the circle of our required concern grows throughout the Scripture tradition, it's well past time to include animals in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment