Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Speaking of Essential Constitutional Amendments

I pray that if she's still with us that Ruth Bader Ginsburg retires immediately on Joe Biden becoming president.  And given how superstitious I am about jinxing things with optimism, it takes the highest degree of grim pessimism to say it. 

If she makes it to January 21 and has not submitted her resignation by January 22, I move that RBG be forced to go into retirement.  I can't take this anxiety for another year. I love her, I adore and respect her but I can't take this much longer.  No doubt she's as sharp as someone half her age, she's wise with her years, the welfare of the country can't hang on an 87 year old with a history of health problems holding on for seven more months. 

High on that list of things that must be changed in the blasted Constitution is putting a 10 year term limit on Supreme Court seats.  It is absurd to have it as it is now.  A fixed term matched with a lifetime recusal from having anything to do with any matters which they had before them in their time on the court.   AND STRICT DEFINITIONS OF WHAT CONSTITUTES A CONFLICT OF INTEREST.  

And that only begins what needs to be changed about the Supreme Court. 

No comments:

Post a Comment