Saturday, May 2, 2020

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Charles Tidler - Pocket City Blues






A series about a narrator- lead character, Horton Spring, his brat of a 14-year-old son, his hostile ex wife and all kinds of strange people and odd problems.  I listened to them a long time ago and thought they were pretty off-beat.  I was going to post something else but decided to post these as an example of how off-beat shows can be done when not much money is involved. I've mentioned what Rod Serling said about his fond memories of freedom when he was doing radio drama because all his supervisors cared about was filling air time. These are kind of Rod Serlingish.  It's a bit heavy on the beat poet stuff but Horton isn't the asshole that the beats were. 

There used to be a website that had the credits for all of the Mystery Project shows but I can't find it.  They have full credits given at the end of them, as I recall.  Listening to the first one again I think I'll listen to them all again tonight as I'm transplanting.  They have a real late Saturday night being at home alone vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment