Monday, May 6, 2019

Brats Don't Have A Right To Attack Teachers Or Students Maybe Lawyers and Judges Who Claim They Do Should Be Made To Monitor Them

It would probably have been less disgusting if they had canceled "National Teacher Appreciation Week".  At my sister's school they're celebrating by administering the sixth round of testing that they do in the school, no teaching is going on as the testing industry rakes in the bucks for doing their part in ruining education.   She is leaving the profession next year, happy to be leaving the increasingly screwed up schools she'd devoted her life to as bullshit testing and bullshit crap pushed by university education departments and professional bullshit shoveling consultants and the requirements of judges destroys the public schools.  And there is worse. 

Last month when I heard Michael Enright's incredibly frustrating interview with Anna MacQuarrie, an "inclusion rights" pro or semi-pro arguing for the right of repeatedly violent children to remain in the classrooms they terrorize, I listened getting angrier and angrier to her grotesquely unrealistic conceptions of the limits of public school classrooms.  It seemed that she imagined they had unlimited numbers of staff, unlimited money to expend, unlimited time in which to accomplish both dealing with her disruptive children AND all of the myriad and expanding things that parents, the media, the government, COURTS demand be included in the curriculum as well, hiring what amounts to a private teacher for every kid who is has not only entirely reasonable non-disruptive disabilities but for children who are a danger to other children and teachers and who clearly shouldn't be in a classroom they can't resist throwing into chaos or danger.  

It's tempting to entirely blame someone like MacQuarrie for being grotesquely and childishly unrealistic as to the very real and very serious limits of time and other resources available to schools to do what they need to do, especially as they compete with media for the limited attention span of children who they are charged with educating.  A lot of the nonsense that she spouts comes right out of the mouths and pens of lawyers and judges who not only have never been teachers, dealing with the problems of teaching overcrowded classrooms but many who are the product of elite education and have never been in a school which has to meet those challenges, sending their children to private schools that can turn away kids who not only have expensive needs to serve but who can kick out brats who are violent and disruptive.  

Unreality is the hallmark of of elites, people who don't have to deal in the real realities of public education which is inadequately funded even for the needs of non-special students and others who are not disruptive and are anything from disposed to moderately indisposed to being educated.  I'm not saying that mentally ill children who are sometimes or often violent have no rights to a public education, I'm saying that such children, for their safety and the safety of other people, students, teachers, etc. should not be in the general classroom.  There is no right these children have which is superior to the rights of non-disruptive students, both those without special needs and those with them but who do not disrupt classrooms.  Things are bad enough in education without that nonsense being inserted into the mix.

I went to pubic schools my entire educational career in a working class town which didn't especially value education, which funded it at an inadequate level and in which I doubt I ever was in a classroom with fewer than 32 students, one teacher, no such thing as a teacher's aid or much more than one principal extra, not counting the part-time janitor-school bus driver.  There were kids I was in school with who were, certainly, mentally ill, some violently so.  Oddly, I never, once, in 13 years of K-12 remember a student ever attacking an adult.  I don't even remember any of them intimidating an adult.  I don't think in a lot of those cases it was a matter of them fearing their parents, some of the parents were as bad as their kids were.  But they knew that there would be consequences that a lawyer and a judge wouldn't overturn, there was no expectation that such behavior would be tolerated.   It was bad enough for children who were picked on to have to worry about being the target of violence, knowing that there was some chance a teacher would be there to protect them.  Now, under this regime of insane declarations of rights of brats to be violent to the teachers AND THE TEACHERS BEING KEPT FROM EVEN DEFENDING THEIR STUDENTS AS WELL AS THEMSELVES, DUE TO THE LIKES OF THOSE "RIGHTS" ADVOCATES,  the worst brats dominate things.  

8 comments:

  1. Brian Sims - A politician left up your alley!

    He's posted a video where he offers $100 to anyone who helps dox three teenage girls protesting outside of a Planned Parenthood.

    He's a Rep. from Pennsylvania, a state Trump barely won, but if I didn't know better, I'd think the Democratic Party was hoping to make 2020 a landslide.

    If you can say wearing a MAGA hat makes a teenager one step removed from a Nazi, then sitting in silence while a member of the Democratic Party calls for the harassment of minors for peacefully protesting outside a clinic, you are giving your consent.

    I've made you aware, and if your response entire is "Well, Trump and the GOP..." Fuck them. I'm asking why people like you have no interest in this behavior when you know damned well if he was a Republican you'd be calling for his resignation for doing that to adolescents.

    Mind you, he doesn't try to talk and explain his position, he films them and posts the video online and offer to PAY for their information, so he can...what, exactly?

    With people like supported and encouraged by those in power, what do you think is going to happen if they get the Presidency and the Senate?

    I never thought I'd vote for Trump, but I'd vote for him over this guy in an eyeblink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I thought you were a Trump voter, never believing you weren't, so you can save that pose for someone it might work on.

      2. How close were the anti-choice protesters because, given the record of such people entering clinics and attacking and murdering people, not to mention murdering doctors and others off site, I favor having a very large distance between the anti-choice movement and health care professionals.

      3. I don't know anything about this Brian Sims or what he has said or done, maybe it got lost in the uncovered story over school shootings and just plain shootings. Tell me when the Republican Party is as concerned about that as they are a state representative who might have been a jerk in the way you describe.

      4. I am, actually, on record saying that those who are opposed to abortion have the right to generally advocate their position to women but they have no right to harass a woman who has chosen to have an abortion. I have no idea of what these anti-choice people were doing that led Sims to harass them, if they were violating the rights and privacy of women and clinic employees, threatening them - as is frequently done by anti-choice fanatics.

      5. If by "doxxing" you mean identifying the anti-choice people there, how do you know their ages? That's a real question. If they're teenagers in high school, I'm opposed to anything like that, if they're 18 or older and demonstrating against the rights of women to own and control their own body, demanding that womens' bodies be nationalized in public I think any expectation they have of anonymity is ridiculous. Where's your concern for the widespread "doxxing" of people who work at womens' clinics frequently with targets put over their images with their names and addresses posted for any of your fellow anti-choicers to murder?

      6. If one possibly jerky state legislator acting like a jerk is going to "vote for him over this guy in an eyeblink" you must be rather stupid and, or, lying about being some kind of semi-never Trumper. Trump has done worse than this jerk, Ted Cruz has done more than he has, as have myriads of Republican representatives. If you want an example of that, look up the sitting Mayor of Waterville, Maine, 2nd in the Maine Republican Party voted into that position as he attacked survivors of school shootings. I've written about him here.

      Delete
  2. 1. You also thought I was a racist and a misogynist. You don't know me very well.

    2. The "anti-choice" protesters were four females - one woman and three teenagers (aged 15, 15 and 13). They were praying a rosary in front the clinic. Clearly not as threatening as wearing a MAGA hat (which, to hear you describe it, basically gives you PTSD) but triggering enough for Rep. Sims.

    4. The behavior you describe has nothing to do with this instance. Watch it. It's all over the Net now. Sims was goddamned proud of it, that's why he posted it. And it shows a prominent member of the Democrat Party engaging in the same thuggish, bullying tactics of the President. And being completely oblivious to what he's doing. I hope so anyway, otherwise he's doing it because he thinks everyone is going to support his behavior. Maybe they are.

    5. I oppose doxing entirely. But, unlike you, am consistent in that. You supported the doxing of the Covington boys, and many of them were under 18, so, please don't lie and say you "oppose" that because you were fucking elated to see it happen to Nick Sandmann. But, to repeat, harassing and threatening those are the clinic thusly is NOT what those four were doing, so your argument it moot.

    Per their ages, their mother was interviewed later and offered them. You can see in the video they're obviously children. Again, one of the girls was 13 years old. That's a few minutes away from being a legal adult.

    6. To repeat - If you defense entire of this is "What about Trump...?" You are simply lost. As I said, Trump is a thug and bully. A criminal, actually. But hyperbole is obviously not your strong card.

    To call his actions "possibly JERKY" is hilarious. He tried to use his power and influence to harass three teenage girls. "Jerky" is cutting someone in line, or not leaving a tip for a server. Offering money for people to get the private information of three teenagers so they can then be harassed? You are honestly going to tell me if a Republican did that you'd just call him "jerky?"

    Anyway, he's proud of what he did. He's standing his ground and refusing to apologize. Good for him. I imagine he'll be Nancy Pelosi's protégé before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Your comments which I choose to publish and those I don't are as much as I know about you, they are racist and misogynist.

      2-4. I wasn't there, I have not read about the case except one article after you posted your comment, I have no idea what they might have been saying to people going into the clinic. I am not inclined to trust your sources of what was happening. I will point out that even on that I was willing to entertain the idea that Brian Sims may have been way out of line, in which case what he did was wrong. You have not entertained the idea that perhaps the anti-choice demonstrators may have been being obnoxious.

      5. "Doxxing" in every instance the word was used in my experience means the malicious outting of someone who posts online under a pseudonym or anonymously. If I published your name and address, found by tracking you through hacking, that would be doxxing. When someone demonstrates in public they have no reasonable expectation of anonymity, if they are under that impression then they should be disabused of that idiocy. I said that I would be opposed to Brian Sims doing what you said he did, asking people to publicly identify people you said were teenagers. I don't recall how the names of the Covington boys - who I believe I have not named - if they identified themselves, if they bragged about what they did - they were certainly known to each other. They were harassing people, there was a group of young women who said they had harassed them before the incident of them getting into it with a small number of Black demonstrators and the Native American who they mimicked, what was captured and which embarassed them, or it should have. They were certainly not quietly standing on the sidewalk saying the rosary while wearing MAGA, how Trump supporters say "Heil Hitler". I don't have any problem with exposing Trumpler Junger who are being publicly assholes of that age.

      As to your bringing Nancy Pelosi into this, nothing she has anything to do with, he not even being in the House of Representatives, yeah, I'm sure her gender has nothing to do with that. And, by the way, for that, go screw yourself. You're a Trump fan who is trolling my blog and who I choose to post sometimes. I'm pretty tolerant as my posting Simps for so many years shows, I figure of someone is going to give me material to demonstrate some points I want to, I'm not going to pass up the opportunity. I will point out that, in contrast to you, I used Simps to critique the soi disant left, you like the entire Republican-fascist Congressional caucus never criticize the right.

      And now you're whining because of my use of the word, "jerky". I guess I must attribute more negativity to the word than you do. I use it for some pretty bad behavior. I don't think the word has what would be called a fairly definite denotation or even connotation. Would you like me to call you something else?


      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted that so I could read it, I read it and decided to remove it. Try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need. I've said all I had to say, and with good intentions, so, I'm done. Your silence, well, qui tacet consentiret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, that I agree with you. Why change now?

      Delete