Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Stupidity Of Artificial Intelligence On Display

I went back to using Google as a search engine for a while and have noticed that whenever I'm looking up anything current in the news the top of the search is mostly from dishonest right-wing, Republican megaphones of the media.   I don't remember noticing that before.  It seems strange to me that a niche market company like FOX should swamp other networks if the search is based on actual trust in them.   Is FOX Googlebombing its websites in the way Dan Savage did for his definition of "Santorum"?   I can imagine some billionaires putting money into an effort to do that.  We know other people do that kind of thing because they openly organize their efforts, it would be silly to believe other groups aren't doing that without the public announcements. 

If Google can't make its system immune to that kind of manipulation, what good is it?    If there is a better search engine that is more immune from the kind of bending and twisting that Google is obviously vulnerable to I'd like to know what it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment