Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lunch Hour Follow Up

I forgot to mention that the same Salon atheist guy who claimed there had been no Christians in space, also claimed Mr. Puritan himself,  The Paradise Lost guy, John Milton, for the atheists.   The part in quotes was what I said. 

Link Baxter 15 hours ago
@Anthony_McCarthy 

❝"I'm a good speller".  Well, how nice for you. Thomas Jefferson, John Milton and Emily Dickinson weren't.  I know who I'd rather write like and it's not you.❞


They were all atheists.

I'm prepared to believe that neither that puerile boy nor any of the other atheists who were on the comment thread in the discussion that ensued had ever read a line of Milton.   Or knew that Emily D. claimed to know where heaven was "as if the chart were given". 

Atheists are like that old stereotype of the Soviets who believed that Russians had invented everything, though I think it was mostly a stereotype in that case. 

5 comments:

  1. The author of "Paradise Lost" was an atheist?

    This guy is dumber than I ever realized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In Russia, God does not believe in you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin Luther and Johannes Kepler were atheists. So was Jesus, come to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still trying to figure out how the guy who wrote the epic poem to "explain the ways of God to man" when he was completely blind, was an atheist.

    Wow. Just: wow.

    ReplyDelete