Tuesday, March 10, 2015

OK, I Feel Old Now

Talking with my brother about when the incident with the album, Amarcord Nino Rota happened, we figured it must have been about thirty three years ago.   It seems like it was yesterday.  Which, considering the name of the album, is appropriate.   On the other hand, I doubt I could move that much rock phosphate today.  Five bags and I'd need to see an osteopath or something.

It was a great record, brought back all of the movies, we were big Fellini fans.  I wonder if I'd be able to sit through Juliet Of The Spirits today.  I wonder where I could borrow it but doubt watching it on my computer screen would be at all the same.   I still say the scene of the fascist rally in Amarcord where all the adults are having orgasms over Mussolini is a good summary of the Washington Press Corps during the Reagan and Bush regimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment