Friday, February 13, 2015

A comment asserts that I'm supposed to find it upsetting that Mick and his Old Stones, when they were somewhat younger, released an album fifty years ago.  Why that's supposed to upset me, who knows?   I remember when they first broke on the scene here and found them tedious back then, but, then, I'd heard the real thing so the pale imitation was bound to seem flaccid as a lip-sync act at a high school talent show. 

I really couldn't be bothered, I was too busy with this release that month.

UPDATE:  Oh, yeah, now I remember.  I had a blog brawl with him once.  He said that Keith Moon was better than Elvin Jones, the drummer on that album.  I suppose he thinks McCoy Tyner wasn't much of a piano player either.  

It reminds me of the jerk I came across a while back, some guy who toots a bit on tenor sax who got a bit of attention for himself by talking about what a crappy musician Wayne Shorter is.  Wayne Shorter who has worked with the best musicians of the past half century and who on his worst day plays better than his critic will on the best day of his life.  I listened to him, he's got nothing and he plays. 

Update 2:   Sorry, that isn't up to the standards of the music I post on my blogs.  Here's what I mean.




No comments:

Post a Comment