Thursday, June 12, 2014

Apology

The fine Canadian actor, Martha Burns, rather perfectly described writing blog posts, only she was talking about acting in a TV show.   She said that it was "quick and dirty".   In other words, if you post pieces every day they're not going to be uniformly brilliantly written and well edited.   That is assuming you're capable of brilliance or coherence that passes for good editing.   A few days after I began blogging I came to realize that a man who acts has his own editor has a blogger for a client. 
Which, my former co-blogger, Echidne, pointed out, only applied to men. As she is a far better writer in English, a second language for her, than I am in my native tongue, it was an apt point.   

The dirtiness of my writing is highly correlated with the speed with which I have to do it.  I suppose it's also related to the degree of shamelessness I have about the form of it, at any given time.  This month I've been more shameless than usual, apparently.  Yesterday's long post is in such need of editing that I will certainly rework it and post that version in the near future.  I apologize for its problems, especially the paragraph that seems to have gotten the end chopped off rather noticeably.   All I can say is that I'll try to do better in the future, though that good intention will probably wax and wane, subject to the shifting circumstances of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment