Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Am Not A Royalist

As anyone who read what I posted over the past several weeks would know, I'm not an anglophile of any kind.  I look at class-bound, aristocratically ridden, royal suckered, Murdoch duped Britain and sadly shake my head at how much those poor suckers have taken for so many centuries for so little reason.

That doesn't mean I'm entirely without sympathy for that indentured and bound family, The Royals.  I looked at Kate and William in their wedding day photos and I shook my head again thinking, "Those poor kids, they couldn't get away from this if they wanted to."   And now the poor baby born to them. What in the world did he ever do to anyone to deserve the life he's going to have.   As I type this I'm hearing a tabloid TV speculating on whether or not Kate has postpartum depression, as if they'd ever find out if she were or were not.  

I'm no anglophile, it's a horrible, inhuman system.  

No comments:

Post a Comment