Monday, November 19, 2018

Just To Let You Know

I've been working on a couple of posts on different topics and found that once I started, they were way bigger than I thought at first.  That's why I haven't written anything the past couple of days.  I've got a cold too but if I used that excuse I'd go silent most of the winter.  

I'm still here and still working at this, not anticipating it going dark any time soon but don't indulge in scrying or card reading or anything like that. 

In the meantime, I was grossed out to see the first Christmas trees up and glowing around here.  It's indecent to put up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving.  People used to know this.  

I stopped doing Christmas presents, accepting or giving, five years ago and have never enjoyed Christmas so much as I have since then.  Christmas should always have been a religious holiday, it should never have turned into a commercial obscenity which it is.  If you find that depressing, unplugging from that has been one of the best things I've ever done around the season.  

I still listen to the music, the religiously themed music, still make a few seasonal foods - though not sweet ones, anymore, not wanting to put my pancreas at more risk at my age.  Nature and watching several people die of alcoholism took care of one of my old cravings around this season, I used to love a glass or two of good gin.  Well, a bottle of it, actually.  I can't tolerate alcohol anymore, either.  I'll chew on a few juniper berries to ward off swollen joints and inflammation.  

I might rework the atheist debunking articles I've written in the past and I will certainly re-post Garrison Keillor's classic column on the season - I don't see any reason not to.   

But NOT before Thanksgiving is over.   Pushing Christmas before Thanksgiving is over is disgusting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment