in pop music but I didn't know if it was a man a woman or a band named that until the day before yesterday when I watched a couple of vids about Pink* getting someone else I'd never heard of before called Macklemore black-listed by a billionaire asshole football team owner I had been aware of because I live in Northern New England, Robert Kraft and his billionaire stadium-owner buddies because Macklemore opposed genocide and apartheid by the state of Israel.
It's so telling about the cultural icon, this god of secular, American "democracy" "free speech" that someone could be black-listed for opposing genocide and apartheid BY THE VERY SAME BILLIONAIRES WHO HAD NO PROBLEM LETTING THEIR STADIUMS BE USED BY THE LUNATIC KANYE WEST WHO IS A HUGE FAN OF HITLER AND A FLAMING ANTISEMITE. It's not surprising, in the most oppressive dictatorships you're perfectly free to praise dictators and lie for them. It's something our "free speech" has in common with them, there is a "right to lie" under both. That is as long as it's the right lies.
I would imagine if Macklemore sued Kraft and the other billionaires and Pink for very financially and reputationally consequential slander and libel (some of the lying was in text) that they'd pull out the legal status of the IHRA "definition" of "antisemitism" because Macklemore told the truth about Israel and the entire point of that self-discredited and discrediting bunch who came up with that was to shield Israel from the truth about its genocide, apartheid, racism, international propaganda lying campaign being told by those who wanted to tell the truth.
That was only the officializing of a practice of equating Zionism with Jews so as to protect Israel from the truth about it. The irony in that is that making that equations IS ONE OF THE HALLMARKS OF THE REAL THING, ANTI-SEMITISM SINCE THE CZAR'S SECRET POLICE WERE FABRICATING THE PROTOCALS OF THE ELDERS OF ZION and the leaders of Zionism started making the exact same claim to the protest of many other non-Zionist Jews.
What Pink and Kraft did was entirely and completely more antisemtic than what Macklemore said and in line with what the worst enemies of Jews have done since the creation of Zionism.
I would hope that if Macklemore decided to test the ability of someone to defend themselves from the kinds of lies told about him that it would turn into a definitive rejection of the IHRA lyin' shield that protects the genocide and apartheid of Israel AND THE FUNDING AND ARMING OF ISRAELI GENOCIDE AND APARTHEID BY WESTERN GOVERNMENTS, OURS HERE IN THE U.S. ABOVE ALL, but I'm not sanguine about that being the result.
Robert Kraft is a piece of shit, I knew that a long, long time ago, his support for Republican-fascists and behavior with Women convinced me of that. Off hand, there aren't many billionaires I wouldn't say that about though there are a very, very few who are quite a bit less shitty than others. I still say level them all out of existence.
Pink is lying garbage but in the world of pop music, that isn't necessarily a professional liability. Show biz hasn't vomited out Kanye or myriads of other racist, lying, vile shit, it still eats it up because the audience for such stuff is so degraded, there are still millions who will buy their shit when the others drop them. They perform in the vein of Thomas Rice, American minstrelsy, Birth of a Nation, or the Merchant of Venice or, some would argue, The Jew of Malta. The later is sometimes sold as a satire of antisemitism but I would bet you that if that was Marlowe's intent, less than five percent of the audience for it has ever gotten that message from it. The trouble with satire is that its accuracy in hitting the target depends entirely on the perception of the audience, and most of them generally don't get it. Satirizing is a rather stupid way to get a message across and carries that risk. Especially when it's inexpertly done.
What Macklemore said was unambiguous and it was nothing of the sort. And he's being blacklisted for it. Ed Sheeran, who I'd also never heard of before this, was a coward and stupid for not realizing that he was setting himself up by not cancelling the tour. If he'd endorsed what Macklemore said instead of chickening out, he'd be a hero in exactly the opposite way that he is now taking the fall for Pink and Kraft and the other billionaires. Let that be a lesson to other such moral cowards.
* I listened to some of her stuff. Mediocre mainstream pop crap is what I heard. She can sing in tune but has the typical pop music habit of women, singing in ways that damage the vocal apparatus. If she knew how to do it the right way she probably wouldn't be popular. The touted lyrics, no one said it better than Paul Simon, if you want poetry, read a poet.
Update: Rereading this to find typos, "satire" also has the problem that often the claim will be made that something is "satirical" when it isn't, never was, never was intended to be. That's especially true when a piece of racist, misogyinistic, etc. garbage is called out for that and there is a post-facto claim that "it's satirical" is then made. Such is some of the strongest evidence of the highly defective genre of writing and show-biz making of satire.
Just come out and say it, for the love of Mike!
No comments:
Post a Comment