She was a national treasure, an international one. A radiant humanitarian and philanthropist, a promoter of education and literacy, someone who supported the development of Covid vaccines, saving who knows how many lives, as well as being a brilliant songwriter and singer and actress. She was a great comic actress. I'll always remember when early in the Covid lock-down she said, "I'll bet after about six months of this you'll be begging Jolene to take your man."
I remember early in the period when her start was taking off, one of the classical singing teachers I knew said that the People who made fun of her for her chesty outfits and slutty costumes were fools, "She knows exactly what she's doing, she's no one's fool," is what I remember him saying. He also noted she really knew how to use her voice and the length of her singing career is proof of that.
I've had an unexpected family crisis and a health crisis of my own spring up over night. I may be out for a while, I don't know. It's not looking good.
No comments:
Post a Comment