Saturday, October 3, 2026

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Katie Hims - Black Dog

 


Clare Claire Rushbrook
Ray Ralph Ineson
Isaac (Age 7-10) Alexander Aze
Isaac (Age 14) Adam Thomas Wright
Isaac (Age 19) Will Howard
Constable Caolan McCarthy
Keisha Nahel Tzegai
Jamal Karl Queensborough
Gary Stephen Critchlow
June Rachel Davies
Brian Peter Wight
Jo Amelia Lowdell
Louise Amelia Lowdell
Leia (Age 3) Rosa Yevtushenko
Leia (Age 7) Greta Dudgeon
Leia (Age 12) Rebecca Ineson
Charlotte Deeivya Meir
Morgue Assistant Debra Baker
Therapist Jessica Turner
Stranger David Hounslow
Nurse Evie Killip
Hermit Chris Pavlo
Director Mary Peate
Writer Katie Hims

I've wanted to revive the Saturday Night Radio Drama but a combination of political and environmental crisis, the catastrophe of my gardening this year (a result of the environmental crisis) and my own health has prevented it. 

I hadn't listened to a play by one of the best radio dramatists today and one of the best in my experience, Katie Hims, in quite a while but I did listen to some of her work this week and, finding large amounts of it are available online,  I've decided to concentrate on her work for a while.   Her work is excellent and the productions of it from the BBC are very good, as well. 

Black Dog is really good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment