I HOPE TO WRITE a post based on what is said by Susan Neiman in this interview with Chris Hedges and especially about the long quote from her new book about the evil which Trumpism is but it's not going to happen this morning.
Obviously, I disagree with her early claim that the neo-fascist use of Darwin's theory of natural selection is a distortion of it and said so in the comments at Youttube. It might be at second or third hand but I think the fascist racism of Stephen Miller, Peter Theil, Elon Musk and Donald Trump - and the rest of the Republican-fascist party - is saturated by the scientistic ideology of natural selection. I've been saying from before I started writing blog posts that it's ironic that Darwin's greatest biblical fundamentalist haters had no problem with his immoral theory and the theories that grew directly out of it.
That aside, I think much of what else she says is well said, timely and extremely important. But you might want to draw your own conclusions about that before I influence you.
No comments:
Post a Comment